Sunday, August 15, 2010

The shine stops here, with Cynthia Sally

This summer was quite possibly the most hot and humid summer we have had in years. As I worked each wedding in the months on May through July I found myself keeping blotting papers in my pocket all day! My makeup just felt like it was melting off my face and each time I caught myself in the mirror I was very shiny. With the long wedding day hours I work I don't have time to be reapplying my makeup all day. So I reached out to my friend and fellow wedding professional Cynthia Sally for a makeup makeover.
When we met she asked me to bring my current makeup bag so she could look through it and detemine the problem. I was a bit scared to have her look at my bag, I dont really use one brand and some of the items I have in my bag are quite possibly past their experation date. (two years for most makeup, or as a friend once told me if your lipgloss smells like crayons its gotta go!)
But you have all been there with that makeup you love!
So after disceting my makeup bag she determined that I did not have enough steps to my base to make it last all day. I was just wearing a Mac Studio Fix pressed powder and bronzer, which both happened to contain light reflectors (Hello shine!!). Funny no on told me that when I bought it! So not the right choice for my skin type and long days!
So we were off to Sephora to find the best base makeup for me that would stop the shine! Here is my new makeup that we bought!!
Make Up For Ever Invisible Primer. Love this it really does do the trick!
Make Up For Ever High definition Foundation. I havent worn liquid foundation in many years and I really like this one. The pump keeps it from getting to messy.

Lorac wet/dry oil free powder. I am using this to set my foundation in place! I have to say the combination on these three products has solved my shine problem!! And I havent had to carry the blotting papers!



Cynthia also recommended the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I am in LOVE with this. My eyeshadow goes on so much better and really lasts all day. Even though I came for foundation I am so glad I purchased this!!
So don't just take my word for it!! Here is the expert advice from the expert herself, Cynthia Sally on eliminating shine:
"Eliminating shine is no easy task but here are some tips to get you shine free:
Even if your skin is naturally oily, that does not mean that you should deprive it of moisture. If your skin does not get moisture, it will produce MORE oil to compensate for it. So moisturize every day, even if you feel that your skin is oily.
Use primers. Primers are especially nice for your eyelids to keep the eyeshadow on if you produce a lot of oil around the eye area. My favorite is Urban Decay's Primer Potion. For the face a primer with silicone in it will help absorb the oil so it doesnt come up on the surface. I recommend Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer.
Always set your foundation with a powder. If you still get oily throughout the day, use blotting papers to absorb excess oil so you dont keep layering powder over powder.
Do not use shimmer blushes if you have oily skin, use matte blush.
We cannot stop our skin from producing oil but we can sure do our best to hide it!"






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin