Monday, August 31, 2009

Chapel in the Pines








One of my Sycamore clients is having her wedding ceremony at Chapel in the Pines, in Sycamore, IL. Quite possibly the most quaint and romantic ceremony location in Sycamore. But what really makes my heart melt is the Chapels history.
Donna Peterson tells this story of how her and her husband Howard built the Chapel:

"One day my husband Howard came home from work, and I asked", "Honey, would you build me a little white church in the corner of the hayfield?" Without a question, he said, "Okay, I can do that."

As Howard was finishing the chapel, people kept stopping by and asking, "Can we get married here?" And so the fairy tale began.
Howard finished the little white Chapel just in time for their 30th wedding anniversary. Four years later, the Chapel in the Pines was expanded to accommodate one hundred guests, without losing its quaint appeal.

Chapel in the Pines offers ceremonies in the romantic chapel, outdoors on the beautiful stone patio, or the picturesque gazebo. They also have a bridal cottage used as a dressing room for the bride and her maids. My favorite part is there is a closed circuit TV for the Bride to watch her guests entering the chapel!!

The Chapel in the Pines is available to rent 7 days a week, with ceremony time slots at 10:45, 1:00, 3:15, and 5:30

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous and I love the story behind it!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin